THE WISDOM OF TAO


He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes himself is mighty.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Heart You

Long ago I set up my Microsoft Hearts to play with my friends from years gone by.

I wonder if one of them ever feels any animosity from me, just out of the blue, because they slipped me the bitch.

Today they just didn't play up to their usual level.


oh, to go back to the summer of 77 and play a few hands of cards in Jensen's basement.




A woman walks into a butcher's shop just before closing time and asks, "Do you have any turkey?"

The butcher opens his fridge, takes out his only turkey and puts it on the weighing scales. It weighs six pounds.

The woman looks at the turkey and at the scales and asks, "Do you have one that's a bit bigger than this one, please?" The butcher puts the turkey back into the fridge and then takes it out again, but this time when he puts it on the scales he keeps his thumb on the turkey. The scales now show eight pounds

"That's wonderful," says the woman. "I'll take both of them, please!"

No comments: