THE WISDOM OF TAO


He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes himself is mighty.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

For the second time since Dec I have had my internet shut down because RIAA found that there had been illegal downloads through our Qwest internet connection. I went to the Qwest home page and found a list of recommended, peer to peer file sharing applications and one of those recommended apps was Bearshare. That is the one we use. So I responded with a query: how was I to know what was a legal or illegal down load. I got no response. I sent the query to both Qwest and RIAA, but no response. So when they shut us down a second time I was less polite when I told them to turn it back on or else.

So I found this an interesting quote from my favorite Guitarist:


Mark Knopfler on the lawsuit against Napster and his opinion on bootlegs:

"I am against this lawsuit. It was said TV would be the end of cinema, it was said tapes would kill records and CD burners would kill CD's, but that's not true. Technology will always progress. The only real danger comes from countries which practise industrial piracy. I've always encouraged the recordings of my concerts. From the stage I had fun seeing all those little red lights of recorders and these microphones hold by fans. That's no danger and even quite cool. Fans who buy bootlegs already own all the official albums anyway. They do us no harm and I find these raids against bootlegs shops ridiculous."





Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

No comments: