THE WISDOM OF TAO


He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes himself is mighty.

Thursday, April 23, 2009


Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him. 'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

3 comments:

Whittron said...

when were you a student nurse?

the Ortons 9 said...

I went to Nursing School in New Mexico after living with the wolves. I realized it wasn't for me and joined the Circus, and the rest is history.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.