THE WISDOM OF TAO


He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes himself is mighty.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

God Save the King

If I were to choose a mascot for my beloved school I would want something that was dignified, smart and capable. I want whoever represents me or my ideals to be someone I can respect and feel comfortable they won’t embarrass my school. Of course I wouldn’t mind if they had a sense of humor and didn’t take themselves too serious but when someone else starts belittling them, I will take offense.

Now if that representative was not a school mascot but was my President, The President of the United States of America, my feelings should be even more intense.

I am sick and tired of having whiners slam Pres. G. W. Bush. We have 10 times the number of politicians that we need, whole flocks of government advisors, boards, committees and back seat drivers who are thrilled to run down Pres. Bush and ‘his’ war in Iraq. These are the same people who supported him when we went in a crushed the Iraqi army and ran Saddam Hussein into a hole in the ground. Now when no one can come up with an end to the mess it is all Bush’s fault and he is a moron.

So the world compares him to a monkey and ridicules him and mocks him. Then when the economy takes a turn for the worse or real estate speculators get greedy and the housing market takes a dive and the greedy folks, who are trying to get rich with other peoples money, lose their shirts and homes, it is again Bush’s fault.

I don’t know the guy personally but I’ll wager my first born that he is not a moron. I bet no one gets to be in a position to run for governor or president unless they are pretty damn intelligent. Then they are surrounded by a think tank of people who probably have a couple of PhD’s each. And we common people who get most of our news from a biased headline can sit back and judge.

Don’t we own it to the guy the majority of us wanted as our president to support him and recognize that we don’t know the whole story. I firmly believe Pres. Bush is looking out for the best interests of the whole Nation. I concede it is not easy but there are the finest minds in the world putting in a whole lot of time and energy into the task.

I am not sure why someone with enough money to ski every other day in the winter and spend all summer on a private beach would want to run for President. I would like to think that it is because they want to make a difference and lift this Nation Higher. Don’t they deserve a bunch of respect, and shouldn’t every patriotic American respect him for the office he holds? - this is not a rhetorical question, I expect an answer.